Tips and tricks for getting around avast’s blocking of plex
When you’re trying to binge-watch your favorite show, and your computer suddenly tells you that avast is blocking plex, it can be frustrating. But don’t worry; we’re here to help! Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be watching those episodes in no time.
- First, make sure that avast is blocking the plex. To do this, open up a web browser and try to go to https://www.plex.tv/. If you get a message saying that the website can’t be found, then avast is blocking plex.
- If avast is blocking plex, the next step is to add Plex as an exception. To do this, open up avast and click on “Settings.” Then select “Exceptions” and add https://www.plex.tv/ as an exception.
- Finally, restart your computer and try again to go to https://www.plex.tv. If everything goes according to plan, you should now be able to access Plex without any problems!
What is Plex?
Plex is a popular media streaming app that allows users to stream their favorite TV shows, movies, and music on their devices. The app is available on a variety of platforms, including Android, iOS, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
Plex also offers a premium subscription service that gives users access to additional features, such as free movie channels and ad-free streaming.
Avast Antivirus: Overview
Avast is a Czech cybersecurity and antivirus software company headquartered in Prague. Avast has more than 435 million active users and the largest market share among antivirus application vendors worldwide as of June 2019.
According to StatCounter, Avast is the most popular antivirus in the world.
The company acquired AVG Technologies in October 2016, and as of 2018, the Avast brands hold a 19 percent share of the global cyber-security market.
It is one of the leading developers of digital security products for home users and businesses, with a product portfolio that includes free and premium antivirus software, internet security, password management, and endpoint protection solutions.
Plex & Avast
Plex is a media streaming software that allows you to organize and play your digital media files from a single platform. Avast is a security software that protects against viruses, malware, and other online threats.
Both Plex and Avast have free and premium versions. The free versions of both Plex and Avast are limited in functionality, but they are still useful for basic needs.
The premium versions of Plex and Avast offer more features and protection, but they are also more expensive. Choose the version of Plex or Avast that best suits your needs.
Why is Avast blocking Plex?
- Avast is blocking Plex because it may contain malware.
- Avast is blocking Plex because it may be a phishing site.
- Avast is blocking Plex because it may be a fraudulent site.
- Avast is blocking Plex because it may be an untrustworthy site.
- Avast is blocking Plex because the site may have been hacked.
- Avast is blocking Plex because the site may be spreading viruses.
- Avast is blocking Plex because the site may be engaged in illegal activity.
- Avast is blocking Plex because the site’s security certificate has expired.
- Avast is blocking Plex because we do not recommend this site.
How to fix Avast blocking Plex?
1. Check your Avast settings
The first thing you should do if Avast is blocking Plex is to check your Avast settings. Avast has a number of different settings that can be adjusted, and it’s possible that one of those settings is causing the problem.
To check your settings, open the Avast interface and click on “Settings.”
2. Add an exception for Plex
If you find that the problem is caused by a setting in Avast, you can try adding an exception for Plex. To do this, open the Avast interface and click on “Exceptions.” Then, add the location of your Plex installation to the list of exceptions.
3. Temporarily disable Avast
If adding an exception for Plex doesn’t work, you can try temporarily disabling Avast. To do this, open the Avast interface and click on “Disable for 10 minutes.” This will disable all of the features of Avast, so make sure you only use this as a last resort.
4. Uninstall and reinstall Avast
If none of the above methods work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Avast. This will remove all of the files associated with Avast from your computer, which may fix the problem.
To uninstall Avast, open the Windows Control Panel and select “Add or Remove Programs.” Then, find “Avast Antivirus” in the list of programs and click “Remove.” Once Avast has been uninstalled, you can download and install it again from the Avast website.
5. Restart your computer
Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can fix problems with software like Plex. So if you’re still having trouble after trying all of the above methods, restarting your computer may help.
6. Check for updates
It’s also a good idea to make sure that both Plex and Avast are up to date. Outdated software can often cause problems, so updating to the latest version may fix the issue.
To update Plex, open the Plex application and click on “Check for Updates.” To update Avast, open the Avast interface and click on “Update.”
7. Contact customer support
If you’re still having trouble after trying all of the above methods, you can contact customer support for either Plex or Avast. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide additional support.