Nowadays, live streaming games are becoming more and more popular, as it allows gamers to share their gameplay with others in real-time. If you’re thinking of getting into live streaming, you’ll need a good laptop that can handle the demanding tasks of running a stream. Our guide will help you to find the best laptops for live streaming.
What is live streaming?
Live streaming is a technology that allows video to be broadcast in real-time to viewers over the internet. It’s often used by gamers to live stream their gameplay to fans or by organizations to webcast events.
To live stream, you’ll need a laptop with a powerful processor and plenty of RAM. You’ll also need a good internet connection. Twitch, one of the most popular live streaming platforms, recommends an upload speed of 3 Mbps for 720p quality video.
What to look for in a laptop for live streaming:
When it comes to laptops, there are a few things to keep in mind if you want to use them for live streaming video games.
- Firstly, you’ll want a laptop with a powerful processor and graphics card. This will ensure that your games run smoothly and look great while being streamed. Secondly, you’ll need a laptop with a lot of RAM.
- This is important for keeping your stream running without any lag or issues. Lastly, you’ll want a laptop with a large screen. This will make it easier to see what’s going on in your game while you’re streaming.
Buying Guide for the Best Laptops for Live Streaming
Are you a live streamer? If you are, then you know how important having a good laptop is. A laptop that can handle live streaming video games can be expensive, so it is important to know what to look for when shopping for one. Here is a buying guide for the best laptops for live streaming:
The processor of good laptop for streaming
When looking for the best laptops for live streaming, it is important to consider the processor. The processor is the heart of the laptop, and it needs to be powerful enough to handle live streaming. Look for a laptop with an Intel Core i7 or higher processor.
Ram Of Good streaming laptop
The next thing to consider is the amount of RAM. RAM stands for Random Access Memory, and it is used by the computer to store data temporarily. The more RAM a laptop has, the more smoothly it will run while live streaming. A minimum of 8GB of RAM is recommended for live streaming.
Graphics card of good streaming laptop
When it comes to streaming your gameplay, you’re going to want a laptop with a good graphics card. After all, a big part of live streaming is showing off your skills, and graphics are a big part of that. Here are the five best laptops for live streaming video games, based on their graphics cards.
How much RAM do you need for live streaming? The answer is: it depends. If you’re only streaming gameplay footage, then you won’t need as much RAM as if you’re also running other programs in the background (like OBS or Xsplit).
For 1080p 30fps gameplay, 8GB of RAM should be plenty. However, if you’re also running other programs or are planning on upgrading to 4K streaming, then you’ll want 16GB or more.
So what are the best laptops for live streaming? That really depends on your budget and needs.
When it comes to streaming laptops, one of the most important factors to consider is storage capacity. After all, you’ll need enough space to store your games, as well as any recorded footage or other content you may want to keep.
So, what are the best laptops for live streaming when it comes to storage capacity? It all depends on your usage, as you can spend and select a laptop accordingly. We have also given the best picks based on the high rating reviews of customers and on their recommendations.
When it comes to streaming movies or playing video games, you need a laptop with long battery life. You don’t want your stream to die in the middle of a movie or game. Here are the five best laptops for live streaming, with some tips on how to get the most out of your battery while live streaming.
Our Top Picks for the best laptops for live streaming
Whether you’re a professional streamer or just getting started, you need a laptop that can handle the demands of live streaming. From encoding and decoding video to managing chat and other applications, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes of a successful stream.
No matter which laptop you choose, make sure it has enough RAM and storage to accommodate your needs. Live streaming can be resource-intensive, so you want to make sure your laptop can handle it. Here are our top picks for the best laptop for streaming movies or live videos.
MacBook Pro – Best Laptop for Streaming Movies
The MacBook Pro is a powerful machine with great graphics and excellent performance capabilities. It’s easily on par with most gaming PCs, making it an excellent option for gamers looking to stream their games from home. Its screen is also large enough to make it comfortable for long hours of live streaming. For this reason, it is considered the best laptops for streaming movies.
However, if you’re looking to upgrade its memory or storage capacity, you may want to look elsewhere since these components can only be upgraded by Apple itself.
Pros And Cons of MackBook Pro
If you’re looking for the best laptop for streaming Twitch, the MacBook Pro is a great option. Here are some of the pros and cons to consider before making your purchase:
- The MacBook Pro is powerful enough to handle live streaming without any lag or issues.
- The built-in webcam and microphone are high quality, so your viewers will see and hear you clearly.
- MacOS is easy to use and comes with several helpful streaming applications pre-installed, like OBS Studio.
- The MacBook Pro is more expensive than other laptops on the market.
- It’s not as portable as some other laptops, so it might be difficult to take with you on the go.
Asus ROG G752VS – Best Laptops for Live Streaming
Asus’s ROG G752VS is a great laptop if you’re into competitive PC gaming. The company specializes in hardware geared toward PC gamers, and its new model is no exception. It comes with an overclockable Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card and a latest-generation Intel Core i7 processor, both of which work together to provide smooth live streams.
Plus, it features an anti-ghosting keyboard that makes your keystrokes more responsive when you play complex games.
Pros And Cons of Asus ROG G752VS
Asus ROG G752VS is one of the best laptops for live streaming video games. It is powerful, has a large screen, and is very mobile. Here are some of the pros and cons of this laptop:
- The Asus ROG G752VS is a very powerful laptop. It has an Intel Core i7 processor and 32 GB of RAM. This means that it can handle even the most demanding live streams without any lag or issues.
- The Asus ROG G752VS has a large 17-inch screen. This is perfect for live streaming because you will be able to see everything that is going on in your game without any issues.
- The Asus ROG G752VS is very mobile. It weighs only 9.5 pounds, and it has a slim design.
- Asus ROG G752VS might be one of the best laptops for live streaming video games, but it also has its cons.
- One of the biggest downsides to this laptop is its price tag. At over $2,000, it is one of the most expensive gaming laptops on the market.
Acer Predator 17 X – Best Streaming Laptop
There are plenty of good reasons to go with a gaming laptop over a desktop, including a higher refresh rate screen and more robust sound. But if you want something that will let you play your PC games live while on the go, then consider Acer’s Predator 17 X.
It’s loaded with high-end specs, such as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, a 7th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 32GB of RAM, and 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD combo. And it has all of those features in a super-slim package (0.9 inches thick) that weighs just under 10 pounds.
Pros And Cons of Acer’s Predator 17 X
Acer’s Predator 17 X is one of the best laptops for live streaming video games. Here are some of the pros and cons of this laptop:
- It is a powerful machine that can handle the most demanding games.
- The laptop has a large screen that is perfect for gaming and live streaming.
- The Predator 17 X also has a great audio system that will give you an immersive gaming experience.
- The laptop is also very user-friendly and has a simple interface that makes it easy to use.
- The only downside of the Acer Predator 17 X is that it is a bit expensive, but it is worth the price tag if you are looking for a high-quality gaming laptop.
MSI GT73VR Titan Pro – The Best Laptops for Live Streaming
We’re big fans of MSI’s gaming laptops and think that MSI’s GT73VR Titan Pro makes for one of the best laptops for live streaming machines around. The laptop is built tough with a rugged, brushed aluminum chassis to match its $3,700 price tag, yet it still manages to pack in plenty of performance power thanks to an Intel Core i7-7820HK quad-core processor paired with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPU with 8GB GDDR5X video memory.
It also comes equipped with 16GB of DDR4 RAM, a 512GB SSD plus 1TB HDD combo drive, Killer Gigabit Ethernet networking, and four USB 3.0 ports (two on each side). For more specs, check out our full review here for the best laptops for live streaming.
Pros And Cons of MSI GT73VR Titan Pro
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line gaming laptop that can also handle live streaming, the MSI GT73VR Titan Pro is a great option. Here are some of the pros and cons of this laptop:
- It’s packed with powerful components, including an Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GTX 1080 graphics card that will let you seamlessly play and stream the latest games.
- Another big plus for the MSI GT73VR Titan Pro is its portability.
- For a gaming laptop, it’s relatively thin and light, making it easy to take to your next LAN party or gaming tournament.
- It has an integrated webcam and microphone, so you can easily stream on the best laptop for streaming Twitch or YouTube.
- First, the MSI GT73VR Titan Pro is a very powerful laptop. This means that it uses a lot of power and can generate a lot of heat. This can be a problem when you’re trying to stream video games for long periods of time.
- Second, the MSI GT73VR Titan Pro is a very large laptop. It’s not particularly portable, which can be an issue if you want to take your laptop with you to different gaming events or LAN parties.
- Finally, the MSI GT73VR Titan Pro is a very expensive laptop. It’s not necessarily out of reach for most people, but it’s definitely not cheap.
Alienware 15 R3 – Best Streaming Laptop
The Alienware 15 R3 (starts at $1,358; $2,149 as tested) is a highly portable laptop with a built-in GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card that can push most games to 60 frames per second on high or ultra settings. It has a crisp 1080p screen and an excellent audio system too. Its battery life isn’t great, but it doesn’t weigh much more than 4 pounds.
Pros And Cons of Alienware 15 R3
If you’re looking for the best laptop for live streaming video games, then you should definitely check out the Alienware 15 R3. Here are just a few of the pros and cons of the Alienware 15 R3:
- It’s packed with powerful hardware, including an Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card. This ensures that it can handle even the most demanding games and streams without breaking a sweat.
- It has a large 15-inch display that’s perfect for gaming and streaming. You’ll be able to see everything clearly, whether you’re playing or watching.
- It’s more expensive than the XPS 15.
- 2. It’s not as widely available as the XPS 15.
- 3. Some people find its design to be too gaming-centric.
- Overall, Alienware 15 R3 might be one of the best laptops for video streaming.
Most professional live streamers will say that the Dell XPS 15 is the best laptop for video streaming. However, many don’t realize that the Alienware 15 R3 is a great alternative that has some advantages over the XPS 15.
FAQS on the best laptops for live streaming
Q1. Why should I buy a laptop for streaming?
There are many reasons to buy laptops good for streaming video games. Here are the top five reasons:
- A laptop is more portable than a desktop computer, making it easier to take to different locations for gaming events or tournaments.
- A laptop typically has a longer battery life than a desktop computer, meaning you can stream for longer without having to worry about finding an outlet.
- Many laptops now come equipped with powerful graphics cards and processors that can handle the demands of live streaming video games.
- You can often find laptops specifically designed for gamers that come with features like backlit keyboards and high-resolution displays.
- Laptops usually have built-in webcams and microphones, so you won’t need to worry about purchasing additional equipment for your live stream setup.
Q2. What laptops are best for live streaming?
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a laptop for live streaming video games. The most important factor is the graphics card. A good graphics card will allow for smooth and realistic gameplay. Another important factor is the processor. A fast processor will help to ensure that the games run smoothly and do not stutter.
Finally, it is important to consider the size of the screen. A larger screen will make it easier to see the action and will also help to prevent eye fatigue.
The following laptops are some of the best options for live streaming video games: The Asus ROG G752VT-DH72 is a powerful gaming laptop that features a 6th generation Intel Core i7 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M graphics card. It also has a 17.3-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Q3. What laptop specs do I need for streaming?
When it comes to laptops and live streaming, there are certain specs you’ll need to ensure a quality experience for both you and your viewers. Here are the most important things to keep in mind:
- First, you’ll need a processor that can handle the demands of live streaming. We recommend an Intel Core i7 or higher. You’ll also need at least 8GB of RAM, and a dedicated graphics card is always a plus.
- Second, you’ll need a fast internet connection. A wired connection is best, but if you must use WiFi, make sure it’s a strong signal with minimal interference.
- Finally, your laptop should have enough storage space to accommodate your stream recordings. A solid-state drive (SSD) is ideal, as it offers much faster read/write speeds than a traditional hard drive.
Q4. Is a laptop or PC better for streaming?
It’s a common question: should you stream your video games on a laptop or desktop PC? The answer isn’t always clear-cut, as it depends on a few factors. Here, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of each option to help you decide which is best for you.
Generally speaking, laptops are more convenient for streaming than PCs. They’re smaller and easier to transport, so you can take them with you to LAN parties or other events. Laptops also tend to have built-in cameras and microphones, which can be helpful if you want to stream yourself playing games.
On the other hand, PCs typically have better specs than laptops, so they can handle more demanding games without issue. They also usually have more ports for connecting external devices like microphones and cameras.
Q4. Can I use laptop for live streaming?
If you’re interested in live streaming your video game footage, you might be wondering if your laptop can handle the task. The good news is that many laptops are capable of live streaming, provided they meet certain minimum requirements.
Start with your laptop will need a processor that’s powerful enough to handle the encoding needed for live streaming. A dual-core processor should be sufficient for most games, but more demanding titles may require a quad-core processor or better. You’ll also need a decent amount of RAM; 4GB is the bare minimum, but 8GB or more is ideal.
As for graphics, you’ll need a dedicated GPU if you want to live stream without any issues. Many gaming laptops come equipped with powerful GPUs that will be more than up to the task.
In conclusion, the best laptops for live streaming video games are the Razer Blade 15, the Dell XPS 15, the MacBook Pro 16, the Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701, and the Acer Predator Helios 300.
All of these laptops have the necessary specs for live streaming, including a powerful processor, a GTX or RTX graphics card, and a large screen. So, if you’re looking to start live streaming your video game sessions, any of these laptops would be a great option.